22 December 2011

Advent Calendar filled with LOVE - No 20

This is our love story spread over 24 days - a little bit of love each day : )

Das ist unsere Liebesgeschichte verteilt über 24 Tage - jeden Tag ein kleines Stückchen Liebe : ) 


EYE CONTACT

First time Minna looked into our eyes

The moment I will never forget was the first time Minna looked into our eyes. I was still holding her in my arms for the very first time and all of the sudden she moved her head to look at Graeme and then to look at me. I could not believe that this teeny tiny person was already so aware of what was going on. It was almost like she tried to say: "So you are my Daddy and you must be my Mommy!"

I gave birth naturally and without any medication. I wasn't sure if I was going to make that, but I really wanted to be able to connect to all those women who have given birth all these hundreds and thousands of years ago. I trusted my body to do the right thing and to make it through this life time experience. Graeme was right there beside me for the last 8 hours. I let him sleep the first 7 hours, because I knew he needed to help me through the tough part of the birth. At about 1am I got up and enjoyed my first light contractions while reading the birth chapter of my book that I should have read before hand. At about 9:00 am we walked across the road to the hospital with a few painful stops of not so light contractions anymore. An hour and a half later we were inside the labor ward and after 3 different midwives and a lot of different birthing positions Minna finally found her way out at about 3pm. I was exhausted, but I was beaming of happiness. That feeling didn't stop for about 3 or 4 days. My mom and my sister came to the hospital to meet Minna and after the first check up and a few stitches we went back across the road to our flat to start our lives being a Mom and a Dad.

Little May bells (Maiglöckchen)

Minna moments after she was born on the 12th of May 2009 at 14:58 o'clock  (2740g and 48cm).

All wrapped up and cozy on Daddy's arms
 Übersetzung kommt noch : )) Geduld ...

Our first evening together as a family

No comments:

Post a Comment